https://www.tyan.com/ (the "Website"). The Website is hosted by MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation ("MiTAC"/"we"/"our"/"us") a company incorporated in Taiwan (Company Number28113764 ) with registered office at 3F., No.1, R&D Road 2, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C.
MiTAC does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you are not allowed to use the Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Definitions and Interpretation
is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device (such as desktop, laptop, tablet) when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
Cookies are designed to assist your device to remember something the user has done within that website e.g. remembering that the user has logged in, or which buttons have been clicked.
- "Session cookies" allow websites to link the actions of a user only during a browser session to remember items that have been put in a shopping basket or for security reason when a user is accessing internet banking. These session cookies expire after a browser session and are not stored longer term.
- "Persistent cookies" are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions which allows preferences or actions of the user to be remembered. They may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences and choices when using a site to remember your preferred language.
- For example "Authentication cookies" are specific Session cookies related to knowing a user is logged in or not. Authentication cookies are important for the website to know what information to show you, or if it needs to ask you to log in.
- "First party cookies" are cookies set by a website visited by the user i.e. the website displayed in the address bar.
- "Third party cookies" are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website. They are used for a variety of reasons.
If you wish to find out more about cookies, we find this website quite helpful
Frequently Asked Questions
Cookies and similar technologies allow us to provide you with, for example, customized information from our Website and to make our Website more user-friendly through customer recognition, understanding and facilitation of the customer browsing and shopping behavior. This may include, for example, remembering your language selection so you don’t have to re-enter it every time you visit our Website.
In addition, cookies allow us to understand which pages you have visited and to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our Website. This enables us to improve our Website and apps to offer the best browsing experience for you.
Our Website also employs cookies and similar technologies placed by our carefully selected third party partners to manage our commercial relationship with those partners.
DO I HAVE TO ACCEPT COOKIES?
To make full use of the MiTAC Website, cookies need to be enabled on your browser or device. If you reject cookies, certain features will not work. Cookies are used to offer a personalized experience when browsing the Website on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, and by using apps. If you choose not to allow cookies you will not be able to browse parts of the Website.
HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP COOKIES FOR?
Most of the cookies we use, are Session Cookies thus in most cases we only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to one of our websites. For exceptions please consult our cookie list for more information. Cookies placed by our carefully selected third party partners may be retained for longer.
DO COOKIES CONTAIN MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
No, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. MiTAC does not control what information is stored by third party cookies.
MiTAC on Social Networks
We may have a variety of pages on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. If you use these pages, the hosting sites may store cookies onto your device. We do not control the setting of, and accept no liability in connection with these cookies. Please look at the third-party websites for more information about the cookies they use and how you can manage them.
Third Party Cookies
MiTAC also provides links to external third party websites and you may choose to click through to these sites. If you do so, these third party sites may send cookies to your browser. We do not control the setting of, and accept no liability in connection with, these cookies. Please look at the cookies policies on the respective websites for more information about what they do with cookies and how you can manage them.
Below list includes cookies deployed by such third parties on our Website:
|Cookies||_utma, _utmb _utmc, _utmz|
|Purpose and functionality relying on the cookie||At MiTAC, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers navigate to and through our Website. These cookies enable the function of Google analytics. This service helps us understand how long customers spend visiting different pages and how often they return to our Website. Google Analytics also helps our marketing colleagues to work out the effectiveness of our digital marketing campaigns.
You can find out how to opt out of these cookies here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
If you have any comments or queries, please contact us via the link below: